Our aim is to accelerate the development of new treatments for many of the most serious neurological conditions. We do not focus on one single neurological condition nor do we duplicate the work being carried out by other charities. Instead we identify the issues that hinder progress and find solutions so that research and innovative therapies can be accelerated.
To do this we need to ensure that promising clinical research can find its way out of the lab and to the patient in the treatment room. By focusing on translating breakthrough research into breakthrough treatments, we believe we can revolutionise the effectiveness of neurological care.
Universities and research funders are not always set up to take their research beyond the lab. Pharmaceutical companies often experience difficulties in putting promising new drugs to clinical trial. Health providers like the NHS simply do not have the funds or facilities to provide all proven new treatments even when these hurdles have been overcome. Money invested into research is often not producing benefits for the patient. Funding Neuro wants to overcome this fragmentation with some proper joined-up thinking.
• We work with the NHS and other care providers, universities, government, industry, and philanthropists and other charities.
• We are undertaking a series of clinical trials across a range of conditions which are likely to lead to new recognised treatment options.
• trials are based around showing that a revolutionary new device for getting drugs into the affected area of the brain, called CED, can be effective across a whole range of debilitating conditions.
• The results of CED-based treatment are proving to be stunning.
• We will build the infrastructure. For treatments that will help those patients who will benefit the most.
• We continue to invest in ongoing research in order to make these treatments more effective. Ensuring breakthroughs in treating neurological conditions.
We are working in one of the most exciting areas of medical progress today. 40 years of treading water, we are at the edge of a real revolution in neurosurgery. We are determined to translate this promise into a better life for those dealing with serious brain disorders.
More information about Funding Neuro can be found at their website, fundingneuro.com